So I mentioned that Layla has been reading Judy Blume. She finished Super Fudge a while ago and immediately asked if Santa was real. I owe Judy Blume a big, fat Thanks! I'm not ready for her to be done with Santa so I asked her if she believed in Santa. She said yes... end of story.
Now we move on to the Easter Bunny.
I suck at hiding things. She saw all of the crap for her Easter basket. Thought about it for a minute and asked if he was real. Again, I asked her if she believed and she said...
NO!
She says a bunny doesn't even make sense. I wholeheartedly agree so we have put him to rest and Nick and I get to take the credit for the goodies. She has strict instructions not to ruin it for her friends and family that do believe and really, she doesn't care... she has chocolate.
Not sure how a big fat dude sliding down every freaking chimney on the face of the Earth doesn't defy logic and a bunny running around delivering eggs and candy does but... as long as she believes, Santa will keep coming... and long after that I'm guessing but the Easter Bunny will no longer be making trips to this house.
1 comment:
It's kinda sad that she doesn't believe. oh well...another sign she is getting older. That's the saddest part of all.
Post a Comment