Friday, April 10, 2009

But I'm getting light headed

So I was scrubbing the bathroom floor when I heard the back door slam shut. Layla yells

"Mommy! I cut my finger and it's bleeding bad!"

I tell her I'm on my way and dry my hands. When I walk into the kitchen she's just standing there holding her finger... actually more like pinching her finger. She was riding a bike and tried to ride under a swing set and her finger got caught in between the chain on the swing and the bike handle. The cuticle of her pointer finger now looks like ground beef.

You know how there are different types of bleeding? Like... obviously there's the kind that just pours out of you in a steady stream but there's also the kind that just sort of bubbles up and keeps getting bigger and bigger until it pops and then you've got a tidal wave of blood and it looks way worse than it is.

Yeah... that's what her finger did and she was mostly fine until she saw the amount of blood that came rushing from her finger and then she started hyperventilating. This is bad for two reasons. One... well, I clearly don't want her to pass out and Two... I might pass out and one of has to stay conscious and if she passes out... well... I'm a follower. If someone pukes... I puke. If someone cries... I cry. If someone passes out... you get the picture.

Anyway, she's all bandaged and medicated (for the throbbing, ouch) and lying in bed watching TV. There were many tears and a lot of sweating (from both of us).

I would like a drink now.

No comments: