Sunday, April 19, 2009

How to make your kid blush 20 shades of red

So we're sitting at the dining room table having dinner and Gage tells Layla he saw the Hannah Montana movie yesterday because that's what Lily wanted to see. She asks who Lily is and he says she's his girlfriend.

Whoa... just a sec there... since when is she your girlfriend?

Since he asked her out... (duh)

So now we start asking questions... you know, the embarrassing kind like where does Lily live, how old is she, what's her last name? Oh... you don't think they're embarrassing either? Okay, good, I thought maybe it was just me. You would think we asked him if her hair smelled like flowers or if her skin was soft. The poor kid turned beet red and said he didn't want to talk anymore.

I took that as my invitation to ask more questions and if I thought he was red before...

Sometimes this parenting thing is just, plain, fun.

1 comment:

SJT said...

Me me me!!! I wanna ask the next question...like...

Do you LOOOOOVVVVEEEE her? Then I would make kissy noises.