So I got a freaking summons for jury duty. Seriously... they don't want me.
I can just picture it now.
I have to drive there. Like in the car by myself. In St Paul. Do you know how many one way streets there are and the blocks are all short and there are people everywhere and what if I hit one of them or something? And then I have to find somewhere to park. Um... do they even pay you enough to cover parking? Probably not. So by the time I drive there and find a place to leave my car I can only imagine how red faced and stressed I'm gonna be. Then I have to go to a strange place and talk to strange people and you can't even take your cell phone! On... and did you know they don't even feed you? That's pretty fucking rude if you ask me.
If they single me out at all... in any way... my face will turn beet red and I'll get really hot. I have some serious social anxiety and I would imagine that this is the perfect situation for me to turn into a complete and total idiot.
I want to stay in my bubble. I like my bubble and I don't ever want to leave it.
Damn justice for all is a pain in my ass!
4 comments:
I did jury duty once. I had an interesting experience.
http://cobb-descending.blogspot.com/search?q=jury
Just show them your "mouth fingers", they're sure to let you out for that!
Oh and imagine taking your driver's ed practice test in downtown St. Paul...that was awesome.
I took my driving test in Drivers Ed (which was one of my electives) in the high school parking lot! I never had to drive on the actual road to get my license... just an obstacle course that the gym teacher set up for us. I'm pretty sure I even hit a cone.
Me + driving = panic
Just think honey, you could get pulled into a real life murder/mystery drama novel and forever be known as juror #4.
Post a Comment