Monday, December 8, 2008

Waiting For Payback

So I am remembering all of the crap I did when I was a teenager and wondering if Gage is doing the same stuff and we are just blind or if he's not as stupid as I was. Here is a list of examples of my extreme stupidity.

15 years old - used to steal the car ... a lot. Took my brother and 3 friends to Sonic one day and got pulled over on the way home. The cop asked for my license and registration ... I had neither, obviously. I guess I looked convincingly apologetic because he said if I made one of the kids in the backseat get out and walk (said kid had a mohawk that apparently didn't impress the cop) he would let me go with a ticket. I told the kid to get the hell out and went on my way. I got a ticket for $117 dollars* and went to school and asked everyone I knew for $1. Paid my ticket and my parents didn't find out until 2 years later when we moved to MN and I had to get a new license.  
*I'm pretty sure the cop broke more laws than I did that day.

(I know for a fact that Gage would be scared shitless behind the wheel of a car right now so I'm not so worried about this one)

15 years old - my sophomore year of high school I skipped Spanish every day (it was over lunch) and my parents never knew until the end of the year. 

(Thank God for Skyward Family Access ... he can't ever skip school)

16 years old - got so drunk at a party that I passed out and had to be carried out. I will say that that was the only time I got that drunk until I turned 21. It actually scared the crap out of me. 

(This one is actually a big question mark. I couldn't say for sure that he hasn't had a drink ... I know he's never been drunk)

14 years old - snuck out of the house just about every weekend and only got caught once ... by my dad who laughed so hard at my ridiculous attempt to hide that he almost didn't ground me ... almost. I tried to hide in a ditch under a street light ... genius. 

(Again ... a bit of a question mark. If he has snuck out he was very quiet about it but I'm gonna stay naive and think that he wouldn't dare)

The list could go on ... and on but now I'm just freaking myself out. I really hope Gage isn't as big of an idiot as I was!

Oh yeah ... sorry mom I know how much you love reading stuff like this.



1 comment:

SJT said...

Seriously?!!! I did the same crap. No street lights though. I was way MORE SMART (smarter) then you. Must be the additional 2 years of experience. And the fact my parents slept like logs and snored like they were chopping each other down.