So poor Layla had a vomit-o-rama last night. At first I thought maybe she ate something bad or caught that nasty bug that has been going around but it looks like it was her cyclical vomiting again. If you know us you know all about this condition because I have bitched about it for years ... it sucks!!! If you don't know what I'm talking about here's a quick breakdown. Layla gets what is basically a migraine in her stomach which causes her to puke for hours on end almost continuously. Watching this and not being able to do anything except hold back her hair ... well ... it kind of makes me feel like a shit mom. Last night's bout was a cake walk for her compared to how bad it used to be so I guess in the grand scheme of things we can be thankful for that but still ... it sucks ass.
Anyway, tonight was the Brownie Christmas party and I wasn't gonna make her miss it, she's suffered enough in my opinion. She was super thrilled to be able to go even though she stayed home from school today(usually it's the rule that if you're too sick to go to school you're too sick to go anywhere else). She had fun with her girlfriends and I got to sit back and gossip with Beth. It's really the only reason I go to any meetings in the first place.
FYI ... I would not recommend being a Brownie Troop Leader. It can really make a person uptight!
2 comments:
Hey potty mouth my virgin eyes can't handle it ;) Didn't you get enough sleep last night?
I read said disclaimer.....welcome to the truck stop Jill.
Post a Comment