My dad finally finished the project and screened in the porch. One day we were leaving for church and of course the race was on. My dumb ass forgot that he had put up the screen and I ran right through it. I had the little pattern of the screen on my face all through church that morning. I did get to ride shotgun though ... everybody was laughing too hard to keep running for the car.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Porch
So, growing up my dad was the King of the unfinished project (still is). Most houses in the neighborhood I grew up in didn't have a garage ... you just don't need them when the weather is always the same ... HOT!(I grew up in GA) We had a concrete patio off the back of our house that led to our to the driveway which led to the alley. My dad decided to turn the patio into a screened in porch. He put up all of the framework and studs and then he moved on to another project. When we would leave to go somewhere it was always a race for "shotgun" and with five kids you had to be fast ... you couldn't just call it you had to get there first. We would all run out the back door and since everyone was trying to be first we wouldn't always run through the doorway that was framed out we would just run through any old opening in the framework. It was like that for many months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't stop laughing!!!!!!!
Yeah, one time Brent, his son, Nate who was 7 at the time and myself went to Galveston, TX, we stayed in a hotel that was physically located on top of a pier. We were feeding seagulls from our 5th floor room that had a balcony. The sliding glass door was being opened and closed a lot since we were throwing bread off the edge and were watching the birds catch and eat the bread in mid-air. The door was closed and after Nate got another handful of bread in the room, he turned around and quickly ran for the balcony and suddenly smacked in the sliding glass that was closed at that moment! It was so funny and we laughed until our stomachs hurt! Ha ha! So you see, we all run into doors, screens, walls and the like. :-)
A kid at Layla's school today just told me he ran into a glass door yesterday. That was after I gasped at the GIGANTIC bruise on his forehead ... HA HA HA
Post a Comment