I have a very clear memory of being a kid and my dad driving a big delivery truck. We had this "maid" (that's what she called herself, she was really a baby sitter) named Louise. I think my dad was giving her a ride home or something and the kids went with. We all thought it was cool to ride in the truck ... anyway, Louise slammed my finger in the door. I honestly thought I remembered that as clearly as it had happened yesterday. Apparently it never happened ... to me anyway. I guess it was Adrienne's hand.
Does that means I'm just getting old or stupid or ...
I do remember another story exactly the way it happened. Do you remember those Dr. Scholls wooden sandals? LOVED THEM!!! I loved the sound they made when I walked on hard floors and I thought I was so cool when I had them on.
I was fighting with my older sister one day and she wouldn't leave me alone so I took off my shoe and chucked it at her head. She ducked and Jeff got hit right in the nose. Blood ... everywhere. My mom took those shoes away from me and threw them in the trash!! I thought that was the meanest thing ever ... I mean didn't she know that I didn't try to hit him ... I was aiming for her. I really thought that should count for something.
I don't think Jeff's nose was ever the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment