So when I was about Gage's age I fell in love with a fragrance. It came in a black and white bottle shaped like it's name ... Exclamation! God did I love that stuff. I wore it every day and tried to use it sparingly but really ... who's gonna smell just one squirt? Nobody, that's who. Two squirts was always a little better but I wanted people to get the full effect of the awesomeness that was Exclamation! You really can't get that without at least ten squirts ... really ... maybe more.
Now my Mom had the most sensitive nose on the planet. She always acted like I had attacked her with the bottle ... like actually hit her in the nose. She would get so mad when we all got in the car and all you could smell was my awesomeness. She would scream my name and tell me if I used that much again that I would have to walk where ever we were going. I seriously never understood what her problem was ... um ... hello ... it was AWESOME!
Fast forward to 2008 and Axe body spray. For the love of God have you ever smelled Axe? It's like getting hit in the nose with NOT AWESOMENESS! I actually told my child if he ever wears it again when I'm going to drive him somewhere that he will have to walk ... damnit!
1 comment:
I remember that stuff. LOVED it! That and dark blue Extra gum. Top it off with light blue eye shadow, champagne pink lip stick, and final net hairspray and you have me circa 1984. Too bad I wasn't blonde with all that crap. It would have been much better.
Post a Comment