So Gage is grounded. He has been disrespectful and it's gotten a little out of control. He's been grounded before... plenty of times. This time is different.
See, when he has been grounded before I always cave and unground him before he has served his sentence. I'm a pushover and he knows it. This time I know that I have to stick to it. It's my fault he's speaking to me the way he has been what with me being such a pussy. Not this time I say... Not This Time!
But he's so mad at me and I don't like it when people are mad at me. And he won't speak to me which I guess I should be happy about considering the way he has been speaking to me of late but I don't like the silent treatment. And if he does accidentally look in my general direction you can just make out the hate in his eyes. It's not glaring but it is absolutely there. So now when I do catch him looking in my direction it makes my eyes fill with tears immediately. My kid hates me. Doesn't that just warm your heart.
So if my own personal experience with puberty is any indication... we are screwed for the next... oh, I don't know... three years at least.
I am hoping and praying that Layla will at least learn a few "what not to do's" from witnessing this play out in front of her. If not, at least we don't have to go through both of them being teenagers at the same time. I really don't think I could handle both of them hating me.
4 comments:
I did it, it wasn't fun, but one day you will have a much better relationship with him. I know this to be fact. Love you.
I'm more concerned about his relationship with Nick... that wonderful man that is raising him and taking his shit on a daily basis!
Love you too!
Was part of the last paragraph a little poke at me? Or is an offer to help me in the future? Hee hee. Gage will hate you now, but love you when it counts. Remember being a teenager? And you love your parents now! Hang in there BFF. Gage will appreciate Nick sooner then you think.
He will break out of his mood soon enough once he gets bored with his anger. I remember being so mad at my parents and then after a while of no one acknowledging my anger I was bored and ready to be civil again. By the end of the week he will be talking to us again.
Post a Comment