Monday, January 12, 2009

But it's a SATURDAY

So ... for my teeny, tiny, part time job I have to take a lot of classes/certifications.

I am CPR certified, First Aid certified, have taken countless child abuse prevention and awareness classes ... the list goes on. I don't have a problem with this, in fact I don't mind it at all. I get paid to take classes that others have to pay for. We just got the sign up sheet for our next child care conference. I didn't really pay any attention to the time or location as I was signing up, I just wanted to make sure I got the class I wanted.

I was talking to Nick about it and he asked where it was. The freakin' U of M. Oh wait it gets better. It's on a Saturday and we have to be there at 7:45 ... A.M. Um ... you've got to be freaking kidding me! Who's genius idea was that because that I have a problem with.

For two reasons this makes me cringe. 

1. I hate driving ... I know most of you know that but I will reiterate ... I HATE DRIVING! Driving to the U should be ... whatever I don't even want to think about it ... it's winter and there is snow ... and ice ... for the love of god.

2. 7:45 ... enough said.

I'm reconsidering my choice of job. 

3 comments:

SJT said...

I can't even believe it. You're not going are you? Feigning sick is the best I can offer. Do it. Unbelievable. Cold, driving where you don't know where you are going, and early......Sorry friend.

Unknown said...

At least there's no traffic on Saturday. Imagine trying to drive to the U on a weekday with all the lovely traffic.

Jilly said...

I hope there will be no traffic ... normal people will be sleeping ... cuz it'll be the butt crack of dawn ... on a SATURDAY!