Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Morphine and ultrasounds

So I briefly mentioned a trip to the doctor and hospital with Gage. Well, we spent a few hours in the ER tonight because of his "situation". I'm still not going to go into detail about it. What I will say is that seeing my baby (he may be 14 but he's still my baby) as scared as he was almost made me lose my shit. He was scared! He thought he was going to have to have the surgery that he's been hearing about but having it as an emergency surgery was just too much for him to deal with.

The first thing the doctor ordered when he got back to the room was a shot of morphine. Gage was not so sure... I guess even 14 year old guys aren't thrilled at the prospect of getting shots. He got the shot and went to have another ultrasound.

By the time he was finished in ultrasound he was feeling NO PAIN! He was loopy and funny and slurring and telling me that he will be playing in the next baseball game whether I like it or not... so there.

Then he promptly fell asleep.

He is currently sleeping like a log and still feeling no pain. He will continue with the treatment his doctor started last Friday and we'll go from there.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I will probably see the inside of the hospital again soon but I hope it's after baseball season so that he can do what he loves.

2 comments:

SJT said...

You did good mama. Poor Gage.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I have been trying to call you.... is your phone out again? I am worried about you guys. I would try right now, but don't want to wake you.

Word verification is crizes....crisis.....call me