So today is the last day I will have a 2nd grader and an 8th grader. For the love of God my son is going to high school. High School. I don't think I am ready in any way, shape, or form to have a high schooler. Considering I sucked ass at high school... and I mean everything about high school... I will be of no help to him. Let's hope he doesn't need it.
And Layla is going to be in third grade. The way I see it she should still be three so I have no idea when this shit happened. All these kids are growing up right in front of my face and somehow I'm missing it. Not sure how that works.
So today is day of mixed emotions. Thrilled that I survived Gage's entire middle school career. Scared shitless that I am about to go through high school with him.
Happy that my little girl is moving on up. Sad that my little girl is moving on up.
I will probably shed a few tears today. Hopefully I will do it in the privacy of my own home.
Doubtful.
1 comment:
You will be fine. Just remember that no matter how difficult teenagers are, deep down there is still that little boy or girl that you loved and nurtured......... One day they will be adults that you can be proud of. You will see...... just look at my three adult children! Oh, and don't forget...... I love you!
Post a Comment