So five years ago today my sister gave birth to my sweet little nephew, Gavin. I was lucky enough to be in the room when he was born and I don't know if you've ever witnessed a natural childbirth but I will just say that it was the most beautiful, crazy, gross, awesome, disgusting thing I've ever seen.
If it was a stranger I was watching I probably would've walked out because it was nothing like I thought it would be. It was intense, it smelled like blood, and it was hot in there... like sweating your ass off hot. I had been there the entire night with her and I was tired and hot and... tired. That whole watching someone give birth business is NUTS when you're a little delirious. The nurse was way too upbeat for my sister. I knew this because my sister looked right in my face and told me I better shut that lady up. She didn't exactly whisper this and the nurse was right there. I figured the nurse heard her and I wouldn't have to say anything but the lady wouldn't stop saying things in a very cheerleader-y voice like "You can do it!" "Push, Push, Push!" ... all of the things that nurses say but it didn't work for her, or maybe it did. I think it annoyed her so much that she pushed harder just to get that lady out of her face.
And out he came. All dark and hairy and scrunched up.
Happy Birthday Gavin!!
1 comment:
Your little sister is reading over my shoulder.....dying to teach me to type faster, but I refuse to!
Post a Comment