So winter used to be really lazy in this house. Um ... not anymore. Our kids have taken over. We are forever carting these kids all over God's creation (well really just WBL but whatever) so that they can be ... well ... "in". Is it completely horrible to want your kids to be "in"? It might make me vain and narcissistic but I think I'm okay with that. We always said that the kids had to stick to one sport or activity per season. Granted we were disgustingly poor when we made this rule but it seemed fair and reasonable with or without the funds.
Um ... not anymore.
Gage is signed up for weight training three nights a week and snowboarding every Monday after school.
Layla has Brownies on Tuesdays, piano on Wednesdays, and dance on Thursdays.
No biggie right? WRONG! They both have homework and reading that they are supposed to do nightly and poor Layla has more homework than Gage has ever had ... in any grade! (Okay I asked her teacher to challenge her so she wouldn't get bored and she took me up on that ... I'm a freakin genius!) They both want to hang out with their friends and with Gage that usually means he wants to hang out anywhere but here with his friends which means more driving all over creation (again WBL) to pick him up. It's cold outside and damn it ... *I don't want to go pick kids up from all over ... I want to be lazy again.
*By "I" I really mean Nick of course but I still miss him when he's gone :)
2 comments:
Let's pretend we're poor. That's what the rich folk do.
Does that mean we are already rich? Cause we sho' livin' like we dun broked.
Ha ha spell check that!
Post a Comment