Friday, November 21, 2008

I think something died in the basement

So this morning I went downstairs to get the little fake pine trees for the planters in front of the house out of storage. When I got to the top of the stairs and was about to head down I had to stop and catch my breath ... literally. The smell coming from the basement ... not good. As I sniffed my way down I headed straight into Gage's room. Um ... seriously ... I know he showers daily and he's not a dirty guy by any means but my God ... the smell ... I've got no words. Maybe it was the piles and piles of clean/dirty laundry all mixed up together. Maybe it was the garbage that was all over the room. Maybe it was the dirty dishes stacked strategically over the tiny spaces that were clear of said garbage and clothes. Or maybe, just maybe it was all of the above ... ya think? I'd be willing to bet my life's savings that if I told him to clean his room today when he gets home that he would give me that disgusted look that only a thirteen year old can give you and tell me very smugly that his room is in fact clean.
Maybe has no sense of smell.

No comments: