So I'm sure you're all dying to hear about my time in Layla's class today. Well, it wasn't all that exciting but there is drama, that is if you think an infestation of head lice is drama. Well ... I DO! My dear sweet little girl has been painstakingly growing her hair for almost two years so that she can donate it to Locks of Love. When I say it was painstaking I am not being a drama queen ... it has sucked. Her hair gets tangled and messy and gets wrapped around her earrings when she sleeps and it takes buttloads of shampoo to wash it and even more conditioner to keep it from being a rats nest. She has wanted to give up and cut it many times but she didn't. Now I have to worry about head lice! Her school has had a constant lice problem this year. There has not been a class that hasn't had at least one kid who has it ... not one class! Is your head itching yet? I check her head constantly and I keep having horrible dreams that there are little bugs leaping and jumping and partying all over her little scalp. Itching now? Anyway, I sent her to school this morning with all of her gear in one of those giant Ziplock storage bags. She has strict orders to put all of her things in that bag unless they are on her body. She is not to let her hat, jacket, gloves, scarf, or snow pants (because of course it snowed last night) touch anyone else's aforementioned things!
On a more cheerful note: She and her BFF got to play the Wii with their gym teacher as a prize for being the winners of a scavenger hunt he set up for them. Layla is the one who found the prize from the clues but, of course, wanted to share with Allie and said that they found it together.
He was astounded at their bowling ability!
No comments:
Post a Comment