Friday, September 11, 2009

6:30am and I are not friends

So years ago I used to watch this kid, Sam. Layla was nine months old at the time, Sam had just turned one. We were broke and really needed money and there was no way I was going to put Layla in daycare so I asked around and Sam's mom was just about to lose her daycare. Seemed like it was meant to be.

It was not meant to be.

I never could really figure out why it sucked so bad. Sam was a sweet baby. He was an only child so he was pretty independent already, not too demanding. So why couldn't I get my shit together and keep watching him?

This past week (first week of school) I figured it out. Watching two babies, even chill babies, when you're dead tired is just plain hard. Almost impossible. If only Sam hadn't come at 6:30 in the morning things might have worked out. I've been getting up at 6:30 this week and I can barely function. I don't know how I ever took care of two babies that early in the morning. I know, I know, other people do it every day. Well bully for them. I like sleep...a lot. Sleep is my friend, 6:30am is not.

Excuse me while I go get more coffee.

3 comments:

SJT said...

It never matters what you are doing. 6:30 or earlier is just wrong. I agree with you wholeheartedly. And you said..."bully" ha ha ha ha.

my word is dright...as in Damn RIGHT!

Anonymous said...

I think maybe you need to become friends with 5:30 am...You and 5:30 might get along better. 6:30 might be to over-rated....

Wall-E said...

You never liked mornings, even as a baby when your brother would rip the curtain rod off to bang on your crib. If I removed him and left you alone you would go back to sleep.