So in my 34 years on this earth I have been worried for at least half of them. What do I worry about? Everything and nothing at all.
Examples include...
After Gage was born I always thought something terrible would happen to him if I wasn't with him all of the time.
After Layla was born it was even worse and I literally was with her all of the time.
Hearing sirens in the distance puts a fear inside of me that those sirens are, of course, headed to one of my children who must be seriously injured.
When the clock strikes one minute past the time a family member is supposed to walk in the door instantly my mind has them stuck in a ditch somewhere having barely survived a horrible car accident.
If the phone rings past 9 pm a surge of panic hits because the ONLY reason a phone rings that late is with horrible life changing news of someone's hospitalization or death.
When Layla sleeps at someone's house (with the exception of her BFF) I worry that maybe, possibly they won't watch her the way they would watch their own kids and something horrible will happen to her.
When Gage sleeps at someone's house I just know that he's going to sneak out and do something incredibly stupid and get himself hurt or in trouble.
When Nick is in a bad mood I worry that I must have done something wrong or not done something that I should have and he's going to get sick of me and leave.
None of these worries are logical. I know that. My brain just runs on imagination overdrive. It likes to think the worst...obviously.
Does anyone else's brain hate them as much as mine clearly hates me?
2 comments:
Oh....I know I knew this all, but it's still sad. I'm sorry BFF. And yes...some of those things are normal to think. At least in my case.
Mine? The brain from where you came..... sorry about that particular phobia I seemed to have passed on.
Post a Comment