So we got a new furnace today and in order for the guy to get it to the furnace room he had to go through Gage's room. That meant his room had to be cleaned and rearranged last night.
No biggie...if Gage and I do it together it'll take no time.
But wait. Gage has homework that he's really excited about doing all of a sudden. Fine. I'll start and you hurry up and finish your homework.
I get started (and start sneezing from all the dirt and dust) and he comes down after about 15 minutes. I'm thinking that's great because there's a lot to do.
He asked if we could get Limewire on the computer so he won't have to pay for songs anymore.
Um...thought he was doing homework. Apparently he was taking a "break". He takes a lot of those. So, he says he's really gonna go do his homework now.
A freaking hour later he comes back down just as I am wrapping the cord up for the vacuum cleaner. Of course, I did it all myself.
I'm standing there kind of waiting for my praise. Nothing. I tell him that he'll have to reset his alarm clock because I had to unplug it and move it because I moved his bed and it wouldn't work where it was.
So then he looks over at the clock and he...DEEP SIGHS! Like I didn't just do all the work. The heavy lifting, the dust inhaling, the moving of 500 pieces of sporting equipment and the picking up of countless clothing (clean or dirty? I had no clue) and the kid deep sighs that he has to push a button a few times.
Sometimes I don't know why I bother.
The "deep sigh" and "whatever". Two thing that make me question whether I am really ready to parent a teenager.
4 comments:
This is funny...because Im already starting to get the "deep sigh" and "whatever" and I have alot more years to go with the first. LOL. Hopfully our seconds wont do that at all....Yah right...
I think with our seconds it's gonna be worse. Maybe I'll teach her now how to do it under her breath.
I'm learning by your example. Thanks for going first.
Hmmmmm........ whatever.
Post a Comment