Thursday, March 25, 2010

What Spring Break Means To Me

So next week is Spring Break and can I just say...it's about freaking time! The snow is all melted, the sun has been shining, and I have opened the windows at least twice.

We're not going anywhere for Spring Break. I might take Layla on an outing or two, but just around here. Otherwise we have planned a whole lot of nothing and I couldn't be more excited to do a whole lot of nothing. That's right up my alley. I'm really good at doing nothing. I have mastered the technique of doing nothing and doing it very well. If it involves limited to no effort, sign me up!

Forget vacations to Disney World or beautiful destinations. Just give me my hammock, trashy novel, and Diet Coke.

Oh, and Layla lying beside me reading her own age appropriate "trashy" novel :)

2 comments:

Wall-E said...

Spring break? What is this spring break you speak of? Gramma has told me nothing about this event. Spring cleaning I have heard about and I do not like this spring cleaning; no, I do not. She has cleaned out my kennel and washed all my nice smelly blankets and she is threatening to bathe me again. Can I go to this spring break with you?

Jilly said...

Mom, you are too cute and too dorky.