So my mental health is not quite what it used to be. That's not necessarily a bad thing...just a different thing. All the doctors visits, all the trips to the ER, and all the tests they ran came to nothing. What did happen was I went to see a therapist and within 10 minutes I knew exactly why I had been so incredibly sick.
It was a relief but also a little scary.
I have been diagnosed with PTSD from trauma I suffered at the hands of my older half-brother...the one that died at EXACTLY the same time I got sick.
I never knew that memories I didn't even have in the front of my mind could make me physically ill. Of course I heard about stuff like that but never really understood it or even believed it could be true. I'm a believer now!
So my mental health is a little rocky for now. It's hard talking about things that you have tried to forget for 23 years. I never wanted to talk about it, think about it, or deal with it. Time's up on ignoring it and that's a good thing. I'm going to come out of this healthier and happier than before.
I just have to go through a little rough patch to get there.
2 comments:
I heart you big.
Good job. Now get your mental health in order by April! jk Thanks for talking the other day.
Post a Comment