Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The "D" Word

So here's the thing about depression. It's sneaky. I don't know it's coming until it's already here.

It starts with the messed up sleep. It can take a while but after a month or two of really crappy sleep I realize that I'm exhausted. Then that's all I can think about. When can I sleep again. I could nap like a toddler but then I'll never sleep at night so that's not the best idea. I could concentrate really really hard on something to dream about when I go to bed at night and maybe that will help except that once I start that I can't turn my brain off again. So that's a horrible idea.

After a few weeks all I can think about is how much I really want to sleep...that's when I just get sad. Blue. Down. Hopeless.

Then I just want to be alone. I don't want to be around anyone but my family. I don't want to get dressed. I don't want to do anything. But sleep.

So please excuse me if I'm being a loner. It's just that depression sneaked up on me and now I have to kick it's ass.

Hopefully it won't take too long.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kick its ass fast! I wouldn't say I have the big "D" but I would say I have ihatemyjobitis. It sucks. I am depressed 4 days a week between the hours of 8:30 to 4:30. So just be thankful that you will never have to have ihatemyjobitis. haha :)

Anonymous said...

Hey wait Jamie that's what I have ;-)) I just never knew the word for it...LOL

Hope you feel better soon Jill, I thaught something was up lately....

SJT said...

Claire tried to cheer you up. I guess sticker boobs aren't a cure for the big D. But.....she tried her best! I LOVE YOU BIG!!!

Wall-E said...

Gramma is worried about you. Maybe you should take little nap with Georgie ........ Gramma says us dogs make her feel better.