Friday, December 3, 2010

Almost Fully Vested?

So tomorrow is our 11th anniversary. I know a guy that says 15 years of marriage means you're fully vested. There's no backing out, no turning back. Because, really, what's the point? By then your spouse knows you inside and out. They've seen you at your best and worst. They've loved you more than they could explain and have probably disliked you more than you'd like to know. So, really, you're not going to find anyone else like that.

People say marriage takes a lot of work. I've said it before and I'll say it again but it is not work being married to my husband. I might sound like a self righteous ass but it's really no lie.

I love that man more every single day. He is an amazing husband, a wonderful father, and the best friend I've ever had.

We're fully vested.

1 comment:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Happy Anniversary to you and my favorite son-in-law.