So apparently Gage is going to stick with this football thing (after spending over $400 so far he damn well better!) and this means I need to learn a little more about the game. This is what I know for sure.
Touchdowns...I know what they are and how many points they get you.
Field goals...again, I know what they are and what they're worth.
Tackles...seen 'em.
QB...yep, I know who that is.
That's it folks. Gage is an Outside Linebacker. Not exactly sure what that means, what he does, or who does what to him, if anything.
I need intensive training so that I don't sound like a dumb ass when I cheer...hopefully not at the wrong time or for the wrong team.
2 comments:
An OLB is usually a moderately fast, medium sized player, used for coverage of short passes (usually against tight ends or guys coming out of the backfield, the running backs), or coming up to stop the run, or at least help with containment, if his league uses a lot of sweeps.
Also, they can be used for blitzes. The people most likely to hit him are tight ends and pulling guards on running plays. The people he's most likely to hit are tight ends and running backs.
There was once an annual Women's Training Camp for Football Fans hosted by the Vikings or the Gophers, I forget. I can't find a reference to it anywhere, though.
Thanks for the info! I plan on watching a lot of Vikings with Nick and forcing him to explain every play. I'm sure he won't get sick of that.
Post a Comment