So it stormed again this past weekend. No big surprise...we are in Minnesota. I don't mind storms. We just go to the basement and hang out for a bit until it passes. No biggie. Until the power goes out.
At first I'm all, Ooh, we get to light candles and hunker down for a little while.
After an hour I'm all, What the hell! Why don't they have it fixed yet?!?
After three hours I'm all, How in the hell am I supposed to sleep without the white noise of my fan?!? And oh yeah, it's hotter than hell in here.
Couldn't sleep. Someone said the power would be back at 1:30 a.m. That someone was drunk on margaritas and fell asleep in a chair by the bonfire. NOT a reliable source.
When I woke up at I have no idea what time...still no power. Do you know what there is to do when there's no power. Abso-frickin-lutely nothing. So we went to a water park.
Thank God for water parks and Thank God for the Xcel repair truck that was on our street when we got back.
P.S. I heart air-conditioning
1 comment:
Storming here, too, but we have power, but the dogs won't go out to pee. Oscar peed the floor, the other two are holding ...... for now.
Post a Comment