So I wasn't going to write about this but it is so infuriating that I can't not write about it.
Bullying is an awful thing. Like really awful. And I'll add that it not only sucks for the girl that's being bullied, it sucks for the mom of the girl that's being bullied.
There are weeks for Layla when everything seems fine and everyone is getting along but when that gets too boring a certain someone likes to start the drama and it's always aimed at Layla.
Now let me say before I go any further that I know my daughter well. I know that she is incredibly sensitive and it doesn't take a whole lot to hurt her feelings but as she has gotten older she has toughened up a little. The problem is when it's a continuous thing, the whole 'I'm gonna get every other girl in class to ignore Layla and not sit with her at lunch and not play with her at recess and never partner with her at group activities' that she just loses it. And rightfully so! She never wants to go to school in the morning, she goes to the bathroom in the middle of the day to cry so no one sees her, and every day after school she is so relieved to be home that it makes her cry.
NO ONE deserves that. Forget the fact that she's only nine years old and seriously, this shit isn't supposed to start until middle school...not the freaking 3rd grade. That's not normal! A nine year old isn't emotionally ready to deal with this kind of stuff.
And I'd be concerned if it was my child doing the bullying too. There have to be some issues if a nine year old girl is treating another girl like dog shit. Although I understand it a little better now. This particular girl's mother is completely oblivious to her behavior. Not only is she oblivious...she's bat shit crazy! Without hearing a word from the teacher about what was going on, she saw her daughter crying after school (crying because she got called out for her behavior) and instantly went to the classroom and tried to ream the teacher. Didn't ask about her child's behavior, just wanted to know why the teacher made her cry. Not satisfied with the discussion she went to the principal and yelled and whined for a bit there as well.
Lady, if the teacher, who is with your child ALL DAY, says that she's noticing bullying behavior you should probably get your head out of your ass and address the problem. WITH YOUR DAUGHTER!
At this point I have talked to the teacher, talked to the principal, and talked to another parent who's daughter was dragged into the drama. I'm super pissed that it's happening at all but I'm even more pissed that this girl's mother is so stubborn and ignorant that I have to make her look like an ass (she's doing a good job of that all by herself). This woman has never seen me mad but it's bound to blow up.
I will defend my daughter no matter what. Look out crazy lady...it's gonna get ugly.
1 comment:
I got your back! Give my sweet girl extra hugs and kisses from me and tell her that I love her. I am mad now!
Post a Comment