Saturday, November 21, 2009

When every day feels like a month

So the month of October and November are pretty much a blur of clinic and ER visits. Thank God for a little thing called an insurance deductible, otherwise we'd be up shit creek for sure.

I have now received fluids a total of six times over two weeks and have had countless blood draws, I now have scar tissue covering my ONE good vein. Not gonna complain about that though because the fluids kept me sane. I literally started losing my mind from lack of food and water. I guess it wasn't literal since people that lose their minds don't say to their husbands "I'M LOSING MY SHIT HERE AND YOU HAVE TO HELP ME!" I'm assuming they aren't lucid enough to articulate that, but I was close.

I had blood tests, urine tests, stool tests, ultrasound, CT scan, HIDA scan...

Doctor is sticking to his guns and calling it an incredibly long virus. And how could he call it anything else when every one of those tests were normal? Right? Right.

I have now seen every organ in my body and seen that they're all good. I have been tested for everything from liver disease to food poisoning. Everything is good. Am I relieved? Well, I hate to admit that I was a little disappointed when I heard the gallbladder scan results were normal. I was convinced that it was jacked and they could just remove it and...presto! everything would be back to normal. Not the case but I'm feeling almost back to normal without having an organ removed so I'd say that's a bonus.

So the situation now is this...

I'm down about 20 lbs (WORST FREAKING DIET EVER), I am slowly building my energy back up, and have started eating real food again, slowly.

Gage is laid up on the couch right now after having his surgery yesterday morning. He is a lot more sore than he expected to be and is pretty bummed about it but ibuprofen and percocet are keeping his pain under control. We are gonna lay on the couch and watch old episodes of The A Team on Netflix.

Sounds like a perfect weekend after the two months I just had.

No comments: