Thursday, August 6, 2009

Saying Goodbye

So I'm having a little trouble letting him go. I keep thinking there's something wrong with me and I should be semi-okay by now but...that's not happening. I vacuumed up all of the dog hair and felt guilty. Shouldn't there be some proof that he was just here the other day? I think so. I don't want to erase him yet. I just want him back. I have changed my mind please...I want a do over. Maybe I'm irrational. Stupid. Silly. I don't care. I loved that dog longer than I have loved my husband. I have loved that dog longer than I have loved my youngest child. Sure, not in the same way but that doesn't mean it wasn't just as important.

I just want him back.

1 comment:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. It will take time, there is no magic bandaid for the hurt....if there were I would get it for you.