So this football thing...a lot harder to watch than I thought. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, just hard to watch. Why, you ask? Well, let me tell you why. Other kids are big. It's been that way for years. There's something in the water in our town or something. Our kids are just generally smaller.
For instance. Andover Huskies...yeah they're husky! There was not one kid on that team that was under 6 feet tall. Not an exaggeration! They were giants next to our boys.
Gage is around 5'8", maybe a little taller in his cleats and weighs about 150lbs. He has been doing strength training for over a year and is incredibly strong. That fact is not at all helpful when I see him tackle a giant. Even though he took them down, and took them down hard, it still made me wince. Did you know you can hear it? Oh, so you watch football and knew that? NOT ME! I had no idea. I don't like it. It sounds hard and painful and I hear doctor bills adding up when I hear it.
So I made it through a scrimmage. Now I have to watch a real game or two on tv and try to figure out what the hell is going on.
I don't like football...never have. But I will be at every game. And I will love it.
2 comments:
Wish I was there......
It sounds like this...
"CRACK"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you. I'll be at the home games. I love to "cheer"! Ha ha ha.
Post a Comment